Container Components Europe Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, when dealing with us directly or via our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information do we collect?
We will only collect information from you that is relevant to the business. The following classified as personal data may be collected:
- Name, job title and Company name
- Contact information including email address
- Corporate bank details
- Demographic information such as address and postcode
- Product preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we collect data:
The data we collect may have come from various sources including:
- Existing customer database
- Existing supplier database
- Web site form submissions
- Purchased from reputable GDPR compliant list brokers
- Verbal agreement
How will it be used?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with the best possible service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to help improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we believe may be of interest, using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time we may contact you by email, telephone, or mail.
If you fail to provide data:
Where we need to collect data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How long will you use my data for:
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
H5>No fee required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
If you receive an email from us it will be because:
- You have purchased a product or service from us in the past
- We have purchased something from you in the past
- You completed a form which gave you the option to request further information
- Promotional emails contain an easy opt-out (unsubscribe) facility should you no longer wish to receive them
- All promotional emails are sent using a GDPR compliant email marketing solution
- The data we hold is kept to a minimum and deemed necessary for our communication with you. We never request or hold any information about you that is not relevant to the business.
Who will it be shared with?
We will not share your information with any other organisations for use by them in any way unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect during our business dealings and online
What happens if you click on an external link on our web site?
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over other websites and cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information you provide whilst visiting such sites which are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and check the privacy statement related to the website in question.
How can you keep your personal information up to date?
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us
- Unsubscribe from email communication using the links provided in any marketing email we send
If you believe any information we are holding is incorrect or incomplete please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct as required.
Your legal rights
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy.
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
We reserve the right to update this policy therefore it should be reviewed periodically, taking particular note of sections that are important to you. Where appropriate any change will be notified to you by email.